Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Brynn Catherine Beagley


As most of our family and friends know, our lives have been forever changed this past month.  It's been a month full of different emotions that seem to change day to day.  I know I not only speak for myself, but also for Mark when I write that this month has been one of our happiest, yet stressful and overwhelming months of our lives.  Although it's been absolutely crazy, we wouldn't change it for the world.  

I've had several people ask if I would share our adoption story on our blog and I am more than happy to oblige.  

As I shared in our last blog post our baby girl, Brynn, was born on Monday, September 23rd.  She was 4 lbs. 2oz and 17 inches long.  She was born approximately 7 weeks early and had a very hard beginning.  Out of respect to her birth mother, I don't want to go into the details of why she came early, other than there was complications that caused Brynn to be without oxygen to her brain for a time.  

On Thursday, September 26th, I received the best and most shocking phone call of my life.  Our adoption agency shared everything they knew about Brynn.  It was extremely overwhelming to hear everything this poor girl went through, but I immediately felt love for her.  I just couldn't believe this was happening.  First of all, I couldn't believe we were getting this call so soon after our approval to adopt.  Secondly, I think anyone that has adopted or has had trouble conceiving goes through many moments of doubt and failure.  So, to receive this call, well, words can't quite explain it, but it was a wonderful blessing from God. I, of course, called Mark right after The phone call with our agency, and couldn't keep my emotions under control.  Surprise, surprise.  I cried out of happiness, excitement and worry for this child.  We prayed harder and more fervently than ever and knew that Brynn was our baby.

By the time we talked to our agency and they talked to the hospital, the social worker (who likes to be there for the first visit) was gone for the week.  So, we were finally able to meet our girl on Monday, September 30th.  I will never forget that feeling of walking down the hall in the NICU knowing we were about to meet our child.  I, of course, was overcome with emotion and love when when we saw her.  She was absolutely beautiful and perfect!  We were also able to meet her birth mom who was a bubbly, happy, sweet woman.  I have so much love and gratitude for her.  It was kind of funny because Mark and I kept thanking her during this time with her.  She was probably thinking, "OK, enough already.  I get it, you're thankful!" :) I truly don't think I will ever be able to thank her enough.  

Here's a glimpse into our first meeting.  She's was so tiny she made my hand look huge, which it's not. I actually have farely small hands, so this puts her size into perspective.  

My first time holding our precious girl!  I can't get enough of her!

Mark's first time holding Brynn.  I love that this picture captures his adoration and love for her.  

On Wednesday, October 2nd, Brynn had an MRI done to see if they could see any abnormalities with her brain.  We received the wonderful news on Friday, October 4th that the results were completely normal!  Since her couple of weeks of life she has come so far.  My latest hang out spot is at the hospital.  It's such a happening place. ;) I know she needs to be there until she's completely ready to go home, BUT it's absolutely heart wrenching to leave her and I can hardly stand it for much longer. Of course, when I think logically, I know this is just a small part of our lives and eventually it will seem like no time at all.   

One of the many things I have learned in the last month or so, is that I was COMPLETELY naive when it comes to premature babies.  Thank goodness for the books that have been lent to me by the hospital staff that has helped tremendously.  Although, I have had many frustrating moments at the hospital, I have also had many wonderful ones, due to the hospital staff.  I am eternally grateful for these moments.

Please enjoy the following pictures of her life on this earth so far.  It's wonderful to see her growth and progress throughout the past 6 weeks.  

Week 1

Our first meeting.

Such a doll

First family picture 

Week 2

Gotta love headbands 

Checking daddy out 

She loves him 

Week 3

I love her beautiful eyes 

She's a deep thinker

Bath time 

Week 4


This girl had found her voice.  When she's mad she'll let you know.

She looks like she's up to something 

Smiley girl 

Week 5

I love her lips!

Having a good dream

Looking good with my pacifier 
  
Week 6 (this week)

SHHH!  I'm sleeping!

I know I'm cute and all, but please stop taking pictures of me. 

Just us girls hanging out at the hospital, our main hang out these days. 


















4 comments:

  1. And I'm crying. She is just so beautiful, and I could not be happier for your perfect family! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing of modern day miracles. Babies are such a blessing. Brynn is the sweetest little lady. I love her expressions and her little face. So adorable. So glad you have joined the club of raising a beautiful daughter. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Melissa I am so happy for you guys! Brynn is so precious and beautiful! Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies, for your kind words! Obviously, I don't check our blog often, since I'm just seeing them! :)

    ReplyDelete